First comes love, them comes marriage then comes carrot cake banana bread in the baby carriage. Carrot cake met banana bread, fell in love and together had a sweet baby.
A decadent loaf cake speckled with the bright orange of grated carrots sweetened with banana and cinnamon spice then topped off with cream cheese frosting.
It has the perfect dense texture with just the right amount of moistness. Chewy golden raisins are nestled in the batter and a garnish of chopped walnuts add a touch of crunch.
Every bite screams of carrot followed by subtle banana chased by tangy cream cheese. In one word. Heavenly.
Trust me. You need this in your life. It’s easy to throw together and won’t fail to please.
It’s already a favorite, among many, in my house and repeats are already promised.
Carrot cake meets banana bread and falls in love.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Flour and butter a standard loaf pan.
- Into a large mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar and banana. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the carrots and raisins just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes then turn out and cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed 2 minutes. Add the confectioners' sugar and beat on medium speed until thick and fluffy 4 - 5 minutes. Slather over top of bread and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Refrigerate leftover cake up to 5 days.
Adapted from The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.