Tender, seasoned meatloaf stuffed with a molten hot tunnel of cheese love.
Meatloaf, meatloaf, I love meatloaf! I know some people hate it with everything they can muster in their heart and I feel bad for them because they’re missing out on something not only delicious but thoroughly satisfying.
The meatloaf is made with ground sirloin or meatloaf mix, bread crumbs, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire, parsley, chili powder, oregano and garlic powder. All the good stuff hanging out in your pantry.
The outside of the meatloaf is covered with ketchup and sprinkled with onion and garlic powder to form a tasty glaze you will want to use on all your meatloaves from here on out.
Altogether it makes for the best meatloaf. If you’re lucky they’ll be leftovers – my favorite part.
Leftover meatloaf sandwiches for the win.
|Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf|| |
- ¼ cup ketchup, plus more for the top
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 + ½ pounds ground sirloin or a meatloaf mix of beef, pork & veal
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, plus more for the top
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- onion powder, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the ketchup, egg and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Add the meat, onion, bread crumbs, parsley, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Use a fork to mix it together until well combined.
- Add just a little more than half the meat to the pan and form it into a flat loaf. Make a well down the center using your fingers or a fork about an inch deep and an inch wide.
- Mix the cheddar and mozzarella together. Pack it into the well you made and then pile the rest onto the meat leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Place the remaining meat a spoonful at a time over the cheese so it's all covered. Use your hands to pat it together well and shape it into a loaf so the cheese is encased.
- Cover the meatloaf with a thin layer of ketchup and sprinkle garlic and onion powder all over it.
- Bake 50 minutes. Let it set for 5 - 10 minutes before slicing.