Chicken, broccoli florets, cheddar cheese and bacon baked in a savory custard over a flaky pastry crust.
A hearty, dinner-sized quiche that will comfort you from the inside out.
This is a great way to transform leftovers or a rotisserie chicken into something way more delicious. Tender bites of chicken and broccoli surrounded by eggs, heavy cream Parmesan and cheddar cheese plus crispy bacon plus a buttery crust?
All together better than the sum of its parts.
We’ve all heard the saying “real men don’t eat quiche”. I don’t know why or where the saying came from but if you top your quiche with crispy bacon there isn’t a man on earth capable of resisting.
I can almost guarantee it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in bite-size pieces or shredded
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 + ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pastry crust (I like this one)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked but not crispy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet and saute the onion and garlic until tender seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix the chicken, broccoli, both cheeses and onion/garlic together. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Fit a 9-inch deep dish pie dish with the pastry crust. Add the filling and spread out evenly.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream and milk together. Slowly pour over the filling. Use a spoon to make sure the filling and egg mixture is distributed evenly. Place the bacon slices over top and push them down gently into the filling.
- Bake 50 - 60 minutes until center is set and top is lightly golden. If the crust begins to darken too much place aluminum foil loosely over the top.
- Allow to cool and set 10 minutes before slicing.