Here’s an easy all-purpose chili sauce you can use to dress up your hot dogs, burgers or fries.
Make it for your next cookout and you will be the hit of the party! I promise.
Along with ground beef, the recipe calls for ketchup, minced onion, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Easy peasy.
Everything is simmered together in one pan and there’s no need to brown the ground beef. <–Yay!
The concoction is cooked for 30 – 45 minutes into a rich, delicious sauce with small chunks of meat. If you like it saucier cook it for 30 minutes – for a thicker sauce cook it for up to 45 minutes.
This makes a big batch so if you don’t eat it all you can freeze some for later.
Where chili sauce exists there must be cheese! Gooey melted cheese is the perfect companion for this hearty chili sauce and you’re not limited to hot dogs.
It’s equally delicious on burgers and fries.
|Chili Dog Sauce for Hot Dogs, Burgers & Fries|| |
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a large,
heavy dutysaucepan over medium-high heat.
- Break the beef apart with a spoon as it starts to cook.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer, uncovered, 30 - 45 minutes, depending on how thick you like it. 30 minutes for a saucier consistency and up to 45 minutes for a thicker sauce.
- Stir often. Around the
25 minutemark taste and season with more salt, chili powder and/or ketchup if desired.
- Serve over hot dogs, burgers or fries preferably with cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers up to 5 days. Can be frozen.
Copyright ©Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.