- 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup salted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugars until combined.
- Mix in peanut butter and banana. Mix in egg and vanilla, scraping down sides of
- Add flour mixture and beat on low until combined.
- Pour in milk and beat on low until batter is smooth.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to the loaf pan, it should come about ¾ of the way up the sides, and evenly spread it out. You may have too much batter, in that case, you can bake muffins with it or discard the excess batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the center springs back when pressed with a fingertip. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.
©Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved
Honest and truly if ever a banana bread were sinful than this is the one!
Chocolate, peanut butter, and banana LOVE each other. If that isn’t sin then I don’t know what is.
Every out-of-this-world-delicious bite makes you wish for another until you find yourself with the very last piece. At which point, complete and utter sadness overcomes every fiber of your being.
The only thing to do is bake more, under the guise of sharing your delectable discovery with every, single friend you have. Because it’s just that good.
And you’re that friend.