The ever-popular cobb salad reinvented in pasta salad form.
It has most of the same classic flavors everyone loves with small seashell pasta, the beat-up eggs, crumbled bacon, red onion, avocado, tomatoes and feta (or blue cheese) dressed in a red wine vinaigrette.
Everything you could ever want in a pasta salad.
Hard-boiled eggs: 0.
Stay tuned for round two of me vs. the eggs.
- 6 ounces cooked small shell pasta, cooled
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 3 - 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 big clove minced garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add all the salad ingredients to a big bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar and Dijon together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil. Stir in the garlic and a dash or two of salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss with a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.