A decadent tea bread speckled with tart cranberries, crystallized ginger, and white chocolate chips.
If that’s not enough to thoroughly entice you then maybe the rich cream cheese frosting slathered generously over top will.
When you bake fresh cranberries most of their overwhelming tartness is subdued leaving a sweet berry behind.
The same goes for the zingy candied ginger too, the sharpness mellows out allowing a wonderful sweet and subtly spicy flavor to shine through.
If any intense flavors do remain they are tempered by the sweetness of white chocolate chips and cream cheese frosting creating a perfect balance of deliciousness, all working together in perfect harmony.
Tempting and irresistible.
If you happen to have a rare bag of cranberries left from the holidays or kicking around in your freezer this is a worthy way of using them!
If not, you can substitute chopped dried cranberries, although you probably want to cut down on the amount a bit. Blueberries would also be good.
|White Chocolate Cranberry Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting|| |
- ¼ cup canola oil, plus more for pan
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup sour cream or plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, plus more if needed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil and flour a standard loaf pan. On a baking sheet with side spread the oats out and toast about 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool and then pulse them in a food processor until finely ground. Add the oats to a large mixing bowl along with flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir together.
- In a separate bowl whisk sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla together until just combined. In the center of the dry ingredients make a well and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix by hand until just combined. Stir in cranberries, ginger and chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and smooth out the top. Bake about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center. If the bread is browning too quickly place a piece of aluminum foil loosely over top. Remove pan to wire rack to cool 15 minutes then turn out and continue cooling on wire rack before frosting.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer beat together the butter and cream cheese. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Continue beating on low speed 3-4 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Frost cake and sprinkle a handful of chopped dried cranberries over top if desired. Store cake in refrigerator.
©Copyright Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved