These are the complete brownie package with chewy edges, crackly tops and fudgy centers full of crunchy walnuts. Everything you need in a brownie.
Just like the unconditional love of a puppy dog this recipe will never let you down. It’s my new go-to when I crave a brownie.
It has double the chocolate in it with both melted chocolate chips and a touch of cocoa powder. There’s no flour so they’re naturally gluten-free with a small amount of cornstarch instead.
They have the usual eggs, sugar, and butter. . . but with way less butter than most brownie recipes call for – under a stick.
Yet they’re still super fudgy – my absolute favorite kind of brownie and the only kind I’ll eat.
Cakey brownies don’t even exist in my world.
Until then I have brownies. A consolation prize.
|Flourless Fudge Brownies|| |
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into slices
- ⅓ cup cornstarch, spooned & leveled
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or grease well with butter.
- In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch, cocoa, and salt together.
- Add the butter and chocolate chips to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave 30-seconds to start. Stir and microwave in 15-second increments until completely melted and smooth. Let it cool down a bit.
- On low speed beat in the sugar and vanilla followed by the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Add all of the cornstarch mixture and beat on medium speed 2 minutes until well combined. Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour it into the prepared pan and smooth it out evenly from edge to edge.
- Bake 32 - 35 minutes until set in the center and a toothpick comes out mostly clean from the center.
- Cool on a wire rack. Lift out of the pan using the parchment to a cutting board and cut into 16 squares, wipe the knife off after each slice for clean cuts.
©Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved