Greek-inspired turkey burgers smothered in a creamy feta sauce and nestled in a soft toasty bun with fresh cucumber and tomatoes.
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed between fingertips
- a few dashes sea or kosher salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon
freshsqueezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 4 soft toasted hamburger buns
- 12 cucumber slices
- 8 slices tomatoes
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the burger ingredients together with a fork.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and coat with non-stick baking spray.
- Cook the burgers about 5 minutes on each side or until internal temp on a meat thermometer
registers165 - 174 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix all the sauce ingredients together with a dash or two of salt.
- To serve place the burgers on
the buns topwith ¼ of the sauce and cucumber and tomato slices.
The burgers are made with ground turkey, not the leanest because they’ll be too dry, and seasoned with minced onion to help keep them moist, dried oregano, garlic, and roasted red peppers.
The sauce is the shining star. So delicious you will be tempted to eat it with a spoon. It’s made of sour cream, crumbled feta, dried dill and a touch of lemon to brighten up all the flavors.
The way the two come together on the burger is divine. Think cool, tangy sauce bursting with chunks of feta on a hot burger with the crunch of sliced cucumbers and fresh tomatoes.
My new favorite burger. And I hope yours too.