Delectable cookie bars loaded with milk chocolate toffee bits inside and out.
Each and every bite is packed to the hilt, making it impossible to take even a tiny nibble without consuming a piece of toffee.
The sweet, dense bottom layer is speckled through with the crunchy candy bits and topped with a layer of chocolate followed by more toffee bits.
If you have toffee lovers in your life then this was made just for them.
I never can keep secrets from you so I should let you know I have an entire case of Heath toffee bits in my possession right now. Blame it on the UPS man.
He’s the one who dropped it off for me like I was running a bakery or something.
Toffee lovers stay tuned. . .
|Heath Toffee Bars|| |
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Heath milk chocolate toffee bits, divided
- 1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg yolks to a large bowl and beat on the lowest speed until smooth and combined.
- Stir in the flour, salt and 1 cup of the toffee bits, the mixture will be very thick and crumbly.
- Scoop it into the pan and press it out evenly with wet fingers.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the crust. Let them melt about 5 minutes then spread over the top with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle the remaining toffee bits over the chocolate. Let cool completely then refrigerate about 20 minutes before cutting to help the chocolate set up.
- Lift using the parchment paper to a cutting board and cut into squares with a large chef's knife. Store tightly covered up to a week.
©Copyright ©2008 - 2017 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved