Learn how to easily make your own pumpkin pie spice with ingredients you most likely already have in your pantry! There’s no need to go out and buy another spice mix.
This homemade version will make you feel like a baking rock star.
The spice mix calls for cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice with cinnamon being the dominant spice. I like to sift them through a wire mesh sieve to get the lumps out and weed out any hard pieces. If you don’t have a sieve (these are the ones I use) add all the spices to a medium-ish bowl and whisk together.
Store in an airtight jar and never run out of pumpkin pie spice again! It makes a great hostess gift too.
Cinnamon, spice and everything nice. <– I couldn’t help myself.
- ¼ cup ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 + ½ teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 + ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- Mix all the ingredients together and sift through a wire mesh to get the lumps out. Or whisk them together in a medium-ish bowl.
- Store in an airtight bottle.
©Copyright 2016 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved