Spaghetti salad packed with tomatoes, olives, artichokes, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and/or salami, red onion and cucumber with a creamy, dreamy Parmesan cheese dressing.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 - 3 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces thick spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¾ cup chopped artichoke hearts (from a jar)
- ¾ cup diced plum tomatoes, seeds removed
- ¾ cup diced cucumber, seeds removed
- ¾ cup chopped pepperoni or salami
- ¾ cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup sliced black olives
- a couple dashes crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Pulse all the dressing ingredients together except the salt and pepper until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Cook the spaghetti to al dente according to package directions. Drain and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil. Refrigerate until cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl toss everything together except the salt,
pepperand red pepper flakes.
- Mix in the dressing a little at a time and toss until everything is evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Spaghetti is definitely underrated when it comes to cold pasta salads and that’s a shame because it deserves more attention.
It’s kind of weird to see it used in a pasta salad, right? Untraditional.
Trust me when I say it’s completely delicious!
The creamy, dreamy dressing is whizzed together in a food processor or blender with olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Parmesan cheese, garlic and Italian seasoning.
It’s sweet and tangy all at the same time and complements every single thing in the salad.
The rest of the work is in the chopping, a task I love because it gives me time to think and kind of acts like a stress-reliever.
Cut up juicy ripe tomatoes, black olives, jarred artichoke hearts, creamy mozzarella and your choice of pepperoni or salami plus crunchy cucumbers.
Here you have the perfect potluck and party salad.
It will disappear fast being it’s so interesting everyone will want to try it.
Then they’ll come back for seconds.
Better make extra.