Potatoes get a bright, sunny lift from lemons and feta cheese.
Russet potatoes are tossed in an olive oil dressing that has both lemon zest and juice, mustard, Parmesan cheese, dried thyme and oregano then baked until crusty and browned.
To finish, they’re tossed with more lemon juice and crumbled feta cheese.
All together they make a perfect trio.
Do you want to know my secrets for getting the potatoes so dark and crusty? Set them on a well greased non-stick baking sheet (I use Wilton) so they’re not crowded and don’t move them until the bottoms are dark brown which is somewhere around the 20-minute mark.
Maybe even a little longer.
Giving the potatoes a good soak in ice water beforehand helps too, even if you only have ten minutes to spare.
The bite of the lemon and the saltiness of the feta with the crusty, creamy potatoes is beyond delicious.
They’ll be the highlight of any and all meals, the center of attention.
|Roasted Lemon Feta Potatoes|| |
- 5 cups peeled and cubed Russet potatoes (1 + ½ to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- the zest of 1 lemon, just the yellow part, not the pith
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- coarse salt and pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Soak the potatoes in ice water for 20 minutes to 1 hour. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously
greasea large, non-stick baking sheet or 2 medium ones.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the oil, Parmesan, Dijon, zest, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, thyme and oregano. Add the potatoes and toss to coat using your hands to rub the oil all over the potatoes.
- Dump them out onto the baking sheet and spread them out so they're not touching. If the pan is too crowded they won't get crispy. Sprinkle well with salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes then flip them over and bake additional 15 - 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Toss them on the baking sheet with the feta and drizzle the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice over them. Bake 5 more minutes just to warm up the feta.