Broiled zucchini slices topped with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese make the most delicious little pizzas!
- 1 medium-ish zucchini
- olive oil
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 3 - 4 ounces diced or shredded mozzarella cheese
- dried oregano
- chopped parsley or basil, for serving
- Preheat the broiler with the oven rack on the top. Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Cut into ⅓ to ½-inch thick slices.
- Lay them out on the baking sheet in one layer. Brush them lightly with olive oil and broil 1 - 2 minutes.
- Flip them over and broil another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Season them with salt and pepper.
- Top each one with a spoon of sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle the tops with oregano.
- Broil 2 - 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly - keep your eye on them because they can burn easily.
- Sprinkle with parsley or basil to serve.
©Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved
I don’t know why I was so surprised at how good they are because it’s no secret I love zucchini and pizza. I didn’t think the two went together but I was wrong. They do.
They really, really do.
The little pizza rounds are so easy to make and perfect for a light summer meal! Kids will have fun making them with you and can personalize them with their favorite toppings.
To make them you slice a zucchini into rounds, brush with olive oil and broil them on each side 1 – 2 minutes so they’re still crispy but a little tender – not mushy. I’m betting you can make them on the grill too using the same technique.
Top with a little sauce, mozzarella cheese, and a little dried oregano then stick them under the broiler again until the cheese is melted and gooey.
I solemnly swear this will get everyone to eat their zucchini.
Pizza for the win.