Spaghetti and meatballs made better with mozzarella cheese!
- olive oil, for greasing the pan
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce or your favorite sauce*
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, mozzarella and garlic in a medium bowl with a fork.
- Use a ¼ cup measure or ice cream scoop to portion them into 12 – 13 meatballs. Place them on the baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer in a 12-inch skillet and gently add the cooked meatballs. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti and add back to the pan, ladle some of the sauce over it and toss to coat.
- Serve with more sauce and the meatballs with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Every time I eat spaghetti and meatballs I think of how my Grandpa used to sing the “On Top of Spaghetti” song to me when I was a kid. My favorite line was “I lost my poor meatballs when somebody sneezed.”
It made me giggle hysterically. As a still-silly grown-up, it makes me smile wider than the sky.
Then I stuff my face with the best ever meatballs! Cheesy, moist and tender with a ton of great flavor that keeps you coming back for more.
Originally published in May, 2015.