The BEST Mexican Street Corn Salad with bites of salty feta and Parmesan cheese with a creamy dressing kissed by fresh lime and mildly-spiced chili powder.
- 5 - 6 cups corn*
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, plus more if needed
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl toss all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- You can add more of any of the ingredients to suit your taste - I usually end up adding a little more mayo and lime juice.
In my mind, it’s the perfect summer salad for everything! Camping, going to the beach, potlucks, cookouts, picnics, and parties. Just because.
If you use canned corn – which I do – a lot – it takes all of 10 minutes to make and no cooking is involved. Traditionally, grilled corn on the cob is used but not necessary! It does add really great flavor if you want to take the time to do that. You can also char canned corn, drained well, in a cast-iron skillet.
It’s still beyond delicious if you don’t.
I turn to this in a pinch – when I haven’t planned ahead and only have a few minutes to make a side – it goes great with everything – all the summer foods like hot dogs, burgers, barbecue chicken, anything tex-mex like tacos or enchiladas.
It’s my go-to summer side!