Are you ready for some fun? Not fun like going to Disneyland or flying to Vegas for the weekend or seeing your favorite band in concert with front-row-seats-fun. Not that kind of fun. I’m talking food fun. Food that’s fun to make and twice as fun to eat because “mini” versions always are.
So. . . Mini puff pastry pizzas. It was only a matter of time before I combined two of my favorite things ever.
You cut circles out of puff pastry, press them into the bottom of a muffin pan, top with pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni or whatever your little heart desires.
You can also use pizza dough if puff pastry isn’t your jam.
These are fun to make with kids! They can personalize them with their favorite things, an easy way to sneak in some veggies ‘cause I don’t know anyone who’d turn down pizza even topped with veggies.
You can make these up to a day ahead, refrigerate and bake them as needed.
They’re great for a party, a big game, movie night or just getting your kids to eat.
Fun. That’s the word of the day and I’m sticking to it.
Sorry not sorry.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed*
- butter, for greasing the pan
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 + ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce sliced pepperoni
- On a lightly floured surface roll the puff pastry out to a 12 x 12-inch square.
- Use a four-inch biscuit cutter (or drinking glass + paring knife) to cut circles out - cut them close to each other. You should be able to get 10 - 11.
- Generously butter the same number of wells in a 12-cup muffin pan. Place the circles in the bottom of each one lightly pressing them down into the bottoms so the pastry comes up the side of the pan a little. Prick all over with a fork.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of sauce into each one, top with 2 tablespoons of cheese and a slice of pepperoni.
- Refrigerate the pan while the oven heats up. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake 18 - 20 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Let them cool 5 minutes then pop them out by running a butter knife around the edges.