- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 4 tsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine mayonnaise with cheese in medium bowl. Arrange chicken on baking sheet. Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
©Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano
All Rights Reserved.
These quick and easy chicken breasts get their crunchy coating from mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. For taking mere minutes to throw together the results are impressive.
The inside stays juicy, tender and succulent, while the coating is crispy and flavorful.
The Parmesan chicken was so delicious I ended up making them twice in one week! The first time I used bone-in chicken with the skin on and the result was just like fried chicken. Super crispy and delectable. If you’re looking for an alternative to frying chicken this is the closest thing I’ve found.
The second time I used chicken cutlets. With barely 10 minutes of prep and a 12 minute cooking time they were on the table in record time. I turned the broiler on for the last-minute or two to help crisp them up, with such a short cooking time they needed a little help in that department.
I turned the leftovers into chicken Parmesan by briefly baking them with sauce and mozzarella on top, then broiling them to get the cheese bubbly and golden brown. Served over pasta, it was a delicious way to reinvent the leftovers.