It’s been 519 hours 9 minutes and 13 seconds since my last post and I MISSED YOU!! I’m not completely settled but I’m getting back in the kitchen anyway.
Nothing can keep me away longer.
Not even the fact that I can’t find my mugs and have been drinking tea out of bowls. Not even the 30 plus boxes still staring at me. I’m ignoring them.
Because I MISSED YOU!! That much.
To make them a sheet of puff pastry is cut into 3/4-inch strips, brushed with melted butter and rolled in Parmesan cheese seasoned with garlic powder and basil.
They’re twisted up and baked until golden, puffy and totally irresistible. Flaky, crunchy, buttery and delicious.
You’ll find them best served warm and fresh – straight from the oven so they melt in your mouth.
|Parmesan Garlic Puff Pastry Twisted Breadsticks|| |
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed (from a 17.3 ounce package)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh or packaged)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crushed between fingertips
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets or line with parchment.
- On a lightly floured work surface unfold the puff pastry and cut into ¾-inch strips with a pizza cutter or paring knife.
- On a small baking sheet toss the cheese, basil, and garlic together.
- Working one at a time brush the pastry sticks all over with the melted butter and then coat them in the Parmesan seasoning.
- Twist them gently and place them on the baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake about 12 minutes until golden and puffed. They're best served warm and fresh!