Old-fashioned cole slaw smothered in a sweet and tangy mayo dressing with crushed pineapple and mini marshmallows.
Strange but truly and yes – surprisingly – delicious.
Who remembers their Mom making this when they were a kid? It sounds soooo weird especially if you never heard of it before but it is seriously something you have to try at least once.
The dressing is made of mayo, apple cider vinegar, sugar, pineapple juice, dried thyme and celery seed. It’s combined with a bag of cole slaw mix, a can of crushed pineapple and mini marshmallows.
I promise you it will be a hit at picnics and barbecues this summer and will be quite the conversation starter.
Hello heavenly cole slaw. You squishy, crunchy craveable beast you.
|Pineapple Marshmallow Cole Slaw|| |
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained, reserve 1 tablespoon of the juice
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 bag cole slaw mix (14 ounces) or 5 cups shredded cabbage + 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 + ½ cups mini marshmallows
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the mayo, vinegar, sugar, pineapple juice, thyme and celery seed together.
- Add the slaw and mix well. Add the marshmallows and mix again.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Toss well again. Best eaten on the day it's made.