Chocolate chip cookies kicked up a notch! Every sweet and salty bite is filled with the delicious crunch of potato chips and rich chocolate chips surrounded by soft and chewy cookie dough.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (16 tablespoons), at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs plus one yolk, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups broken salted potato chips (I like Lay's)
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars about 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Beat in the vanilla followed by the eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and beat on low just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and potato chips by hand.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate 20 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with silpats.
- Scoop up about 2 tablespoons of the dough at a time and gently roll into a ball (wet your hands so the batter won't stick). Place 1 - 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes until light brown around the edges. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then on wire racks.
- Store up to 10 days tightly covered in a cool, dry place.
©Copyright Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved
I’ve been wanting to inject potato chips into my cookies forever and I’m so glad I did because they did not disappoint.
I used Lay’s potato chips in the yellow bag but you could also use Ruffles. I was surprised at their sturdiness, they didn’t break apart as much as I expected when mixing them into the dough and they weren’t soggy after baking but remained on the crisp side.
For the best results don’t crush up the potato chips too much just break them apart into large bite-sized pieces because they will break up further as you mix them into the dough.
I promise you will fall in love just as much as I did.