Fresh asparagus spears crusted in lemon Parmesan bread crumbs and roasted until golden brown.
Call them crunchy asparagus fries.
They come complete with an entirely optional, lemon vinaigrette on the side.
For dipping, dunking or drizzling over top.
Asparagus and I are not the best of friends. We’re working on it.
This recipe brought us much closer. Fresh lemon zest and Parmesan cheese have a habit of doing that.
Crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle, roasting them makes them taste a little like a string bean.
Dipping them into the vinaigrette made me feel like I was eating a fancy french fry.
I could easily get used to that.
|Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Parmesan Bread Crumbs|| |
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, just the yellow part not the pith
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and
lastinch of stalk peeled
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease or line with parchment a large baking sheet.
- In a wide shallow dish or bowl beat eggs and milk together. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl toss the cheese, bread crumbs, and lemon together. Add half to a separate wide, shallow dish (add more from the bowl as needed - if you don't use them all you can save them for another use).
- Working a few at time dunk the stalks in the egg, allow excess to drip off then coat with crumbs using your hands to pat them on. Set on
- Bake until golden brown and fork tender 20 - 25 minutes. Serve as is or with lemon vinaigrette.
- To make the vinaigrette pulse the oil, lemon juice, and mustard together in a food processor, mix in garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
©Copyright Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved