In case you haven’t heard this week is all about salads because summer was made for them.
Ranch BLT pasta salad is one of my most popular recipes, an oldie but a goodie, one you may not have seen before but definitely deserves some attention.
The classic BLT gets a remix with the addition of ranch salad dressing – everyone’s favorite and pasta.
All the things we love about the BLT are found in this pasta salad with radiatore pasta, salty bites of bacon, fresh tomatoes, the crunch of romaine lettuce and a few extras like cubes of Swiss cheese and thinly sliced red onions.
The dressing adds a tangy creaminess sticking to all the nooks and crannies in the pasta.
To me, the flavors spell out summer, a time when pasta salads rule.
|Salad Week: Ranch BLT Pasta Salad|| |
- 8 ounces radiatore pasta (or another type of medium-sized pasta)
- 8 ounces Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 + ½ cup diced tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 pound bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions to al dente in plenty of salted water.
- Drain pasta, toss with dressing to lightly coat so they don’t stick together and refrigerate until cold.
- In a large bowl toss the cold pasta with the tomatoes, Swiss, onions, bacon and lettuce.
- Add enough dressing to generously coat everything and season to taste with salt and pepper.