Every bite of these soft, chubby cookies overflows with chocolate chips, oats and peanut butter.
It’s like three cookies rolled into one.
Soft cookies have always been my jam. I add corn starch to the dough to keep them soft – if you like a chewier cookie then leave it out. I refrigerate my dough for at least a half hour and up to 24 hours. The dough is easier to work with and doesn’t spread as much so they bake up thick.
I also like to use silpats on my baking sheets – the cookies bake up more even than without. And I highly recommend a test run to get the right baking time – bake off just two of the cookies to start. Depending on your oven and baking sheet they may require more or less time than the recipe states.
Cookies make the world go round. At the very least they make the world a better, happier place. I don’t know anyone who can stay mad or sad whilst biting into a cookie.
They bring automatic smiles. I’m sure of it.
|Soft & Chubby Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies|| |
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons room temperature butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon corn starch, optional (add for a softer cookie, omit for a chewier cookie)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup oats (5-minute)
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips, plus more for the tops - optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl on medium speed beat both sugars, the peanut butter, butter, salt, baking soda, corn starch and vanilla together about 2 minutes or until creamy and combined.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the oats, flour and milk - beat on low until combined - if the mixture is too thick to beat mix by hand.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate ½ hour or up to 24 hours.
- Scoop up two tablespoons of the dough and roll into a ball. Place about 1 + ½ inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 9 - 12 minutes or until light brown on the bottom. Remove from the oven and press a few chocolate chips into the top of each one if you like.
- Cool on the sheet 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place up to one week.
Copyright ©2017 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved.