Homemade spaghettiOs with meatballs, black olives and a spicy sauce.
I never really did enjoy eating spaghettiOs. Not even as a kid. My palate was more sophisticated, likely from all the homemade sauce my Mom fed us. That weak imitation stuff in a can just didn’t taste good even back then.
When I saw these cute little pasta rings in the store the first thing I was reminded of was spaghettiOs.
Uh-oh Ut-oh spaghettiOs. If you grew up in America that catchy advertising jingle is ingrained in your brain even if they weren’t a part of your diet. Uh-oh spaghettiOs.
My version of spaghettiOs includes mouth-watering meatballs and arrabbiata sauce. Spicy red chile pepper sauce. For a pop of heat. To keep things on the convenient side I used a jarred sauce.
Then because that wasn’t enough I sliced up giant black olives to resemble the pasta rings and grated a smattering of mozzarella on top to finish.
There’s no ut-oh’s here. Just grown-up spaghettiOs.
For the sophisticated kid in you.
Homemade spaghettiOs with meatballs, black olives and a spicy arrabbiata sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with sides or a roasting pan.
- In a large bowl combine all the meatball ingredients with a fork. Roll tablespoon full meatballs and place in pan 1 inch apart. Bake 15 - 16 minutes until cooked through in the middle.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- Heat the sauce in a large saucepan and add the olives.
- Once the meatballs are cooked scoop them into the sauce along with the drained, cooked pasta.
- Serve with grated mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
Copyright ©2013 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved. No copying or duplication of any content (including photos) without the express written permission from the owner of this website.