When I was growing up we always had Chex™ cereal around for the holidays to make our traditional muddy buddies.
I look forward to making them every year for Christmas.
The discovery of this Sugar Cookie Chex™ Party Mix threatens to become the new favorite!
Sweet, crunchy and festive this is another one of those snack mixes that kids will love to make! And eat. They’re so easy and take only a few minutes using your microwave.
The Chex™ cereal are first coated with a mixture of melted butter, sugar and vanilla then microwaved and coated with confectioners’ sugar.
The cereal is spread out on a baking sheet and drizzled with melted white chocolate and sprinkles. Some of it sticks together so you get little hunks of cereal held together by white chocolate.
Chex party mix makes great edible gifts for kids and adults alike!
Whether planned or as a last-minute gift you can package them in Christmas tins, plastic treat bags tied at the top with a ribbon, glass jars or a Christmas bowl.
Chex party mix is great for potlucks and parties too.
Make some today with your kids and I promise you will start a new tradition!
Memories that last forever.
I’m living proof.
|Sugar Cookie Chex Party Mix|| |
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 + ½ teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 oz white baking chocolate or ¼ cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons gluten-free colored edible glitter or jimmies
- Measure the cereal into a large microwaveable bowl and set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, waxed paper or foil.
- In a 2-cup microwavable measuring cup or similar sized bowl melt the butter on high 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add the granulated sugar and water to the melted butter and microwave again on high 30 seconds or until mixture is heated and can be stirred together so it's smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour over the cereal and stir it up.
- Microwave the cereal on high 4 minutes, stopping to stir after every minute until the cereal is completely glazed.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and mix well until completely coated. You can also put the cereal in a plastic bag and shake it up to coat.
- Spread the cereal out on a cookie sheet.
- In a small microwavable bowl melt the white chocolate on high 30 to 60 seconds, stopping to stir once, until it is completely smooth.
- Spoon the white chocolate into a small resealable food-storage plastic bag and cut off a small corner.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the cereal and sprinkle with edible glitter or jimmies.
- Cool until white chocolate is set 10 - 20 minutes.
- Store in a tightly sealed container or ziploc bags.
©Copyright Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved