Thick, fluffy pancakes with mashed bananas in the batter and decorating the top for maximum banana flavor.
Double the banana fun.
Mini chocolate chips melt right into the pancakes like little polka dots and don’t overpower the banana but mingle nicely.
I don’t eat pancakes very often because they make me sleepy. If they’re super special and fairly irresistible and I can climb back into bed and go to sleep like it’s midnight then I will lose myself in a big buttered stack with no worries.
Sundays are perfect for this because. . .Pajamas all day.
If you have brown-speckled, fragrant ripe bananas right now then let’s pretend it’s Sunday today. Or make them for dinner.
Breakfast for dinner = brinner = the best.
- 1 + ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 + ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 - 4 small bananas, 1 of them mashed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter plus more for greasing the pan
- maple syrup, for serving
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Add the chocolate chips and toss to coat.
- Stir in the milk, eggs, and vanilla just until combined. Mix in the mashed banana and melted butter just until combined - the batter should be a little lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat with a pat of butter.
- Drop the batter by ¼ cup fulls and cook until dry around the edges and bubbly then flip and cook until golden.
- Serve with a pat of butter, maple syrup, and sliced bananas.
©Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved