I promise these are the easiest cheese danish in the world to make!
Roll up sweetened cream cheese and chewy dried cranberries in puff pastry and bake until flaky and golden brown.
Drizzle with confectioners’ sugar and a smattering of almonds for the best holiday breakfast or brunch treat.
They’re super-duper easy and can be made ahead of time for Christmas morning!
Pop them in the fridge the day before and stick them in the oven when you wake-up. Less than 20 minutes later you will have the most delicious cheese danish to nosh on.
Perfect with a cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa.
Warm from the oven with tart-sweet cranberries nestled in delectable cream cheese amidst a million layers of buttery pastry. . . they will just melt in your mouth.
You can’t go wrong.
|Sweet Cranberry Cream Cheese Roll-Ups|| |
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9x9-inch) puff pastry sheet, thawed
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- a handful of sliced almonds
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds or until soft enough to stir. Stir in the sugar and vanilla. Let it cool so it's barely warm.
- Dust a large cutting board or work surface lightly with flour and unfold the puff pastry. Spread the cream cheese in an even layer from edge to edge leaving a 1-inch border on the end farthest away from you.
- Sprinkle the chopped cranberries evenly all over the cream cheese.
- Roll the pastry up and cover with saran wrap. Refrigerate 20 - 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Use a serrated knife to slice the puff pastry into ¾ to 1-inch thick rolls. Place them on the baking sheet 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake 14 - 18 minutes until puffy, golden and cooked in the center.
- Let cool 5 - 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the confectioners' and milk together to make a glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the roll-ups and sprinkle with almonds.
- They're best eaten fresh! Reheat the leftovers 2 at a time on a napkin or paper towel about 10 seconds.