If you’re tired of the same old taco night this will help perk things up!
Tacos in a soup bowl.
With all the same flavors so you won’t miss the actual ones a single bit.
Into the soup pot goes ground beef, onion, garlic, taco seasoning, broth, Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chiles, black beans, and corn.
Just 25 minutes later, the most delicious Tex-Mex soup emerges.
Just like a taco the fixin’s are piled on top of the hot soup. That’s half the fun of eating it.
Shredded lettuce, sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips plus whatever else you like! Maybe diced avocado or fresh chopped tomatoes too.
When my family saw the lettuce they were like in soup? And I was like yes – it’s really good! They ended up loving it.
Spicy, warm and comforting – there’s always room in my life for another soup. Especially one that eats like a taco.
Two of my favorite things in the whole wide world in one delicious package.
Let’s eat it all up.
|Taco Soup|| |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning or 2 - 3 tablespoons of my homemade mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans (14
ounce) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (11
ounce) Ro-tel diced tomatoes & green chiles
- 1 can (14
ounce) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 + ½ cups corn
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- sour cream
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- corn tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven or large soup pot heat the oil over medium heat and add the onion,
garlicand ground beef. Break the meat apart as it cooks and cookuntil browned all over.
- Turn off the heat, tip the pan and scoop out the grease.
- Return to medium-low heat and mix in the taco seasoning, a couple dashes each of salt and pepper plus enough broth to wet the spices and the meat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Slowly stir in the rest of the broth, the Ro-tel, black
- Bring to a simmer and cook 25 minutes, stirring a few times and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- For serving top the soup with a handful each of lettuce, cheese, a spoon of sour cream and chips.