Taco lasagna will spice up your taco night and give you a break from the everyday norm!
Taco lasagna is a baked casserole made up of seasoned beef layered between tortillas (the “noodles”) with salsa, olives, and cheddar cheese.
You can eat it as is or with all your favorite taco fixin’s.
Taco lasagna and I go way back. All the way to 2009. I posted it during my first year of blogging and it has remained a favorite since. I’ve made it many different ways and that is the beauty of it. It’s versatility.
You can add anything you like including beans or corn. Swap out the beef for ground turkey or chicken.
Make it spicier with fresh chiles or chipotles in adobo. Swap out the flour tortillas for corn.
Personalize it in the same way you would a taco and make it all your own.
It really is fail-proof.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or 1 store-bought envelope
- ⅔ cup water
- 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- ⅓ cup sliced green olives or a small can of chopped black olives
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh ripe tomato, seeds removed, sliced thin
- your favorite taco
fixin'slike shredded lettuce, sour cream, avocado, guacamole
- In a large skillet brown ground beef. Drain off the grease. Mix in the taco seasoning and water, cook 5 - 6 minutes over medium heat stirring often. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can make this in a round casserole or deep dish pie pan (9-inch) or in an 8 x 8 square pan. Grease the pan well and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Layer 2 tortillas over the bottom, for a square pan, cut the tortillas to fit.
- For 2 layers spread half the meat over the tortillas, dollop half the salsa over top then half the olives then sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese. Repeat. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top and then cover with the sliced tomatoes.
- For 3 layers spread ⅓ of the meat over the tortillas, dollop ⅓ of the salsa then ⅓ of the olives followed by ¼ of the cheese. Repeat twice. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top then cover with the sliced tomatoes.
- Bake about 25 minutes. Let
set5 minutes before serving with taco fixin's.