You can make the easiest, most scrumptious cinnamon rolls in just ten minutes or less thanks to one of my favorite shortcuts!
Did you guess puff pastry?
Buttery and flaky, puff pastry is one of the best things to happen. Ever.
All you need to do to make them is brush a little melted butter over thawed puff pastry, sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar, roll it up, slice and bake.
While still warm, smear with icing made of confectioners’ sugar, milk and a dash of vanilla.
Less than ten minutes of work for hot, fragrant cinnamon rolls dripping with sweet icing.
Life is good.
You can make them the night before and bake them off in the morning to impress your family – they’ll think you woke up extra early to make them. Heehee.
I won’t tell unless you do.
- 1 puff pastry sheet (9x9), thawed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 + ½ cups confectioners' sugar
- about 1 tablespoon milk
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Fit a small baking sheet with parchment paper or generously grease it.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface - it should be 9x9.
- Brush the butter over it from edge to edge.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the butter from edge to edge followed by the brown sugar.
- Press it down lightly with the palm of your hands to help it adhere to the butter.
- Roll it up. If you have time, refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife slice into 8 equal pieces (slice the roll in half, slice each half in half again and then each piece in half again) and lay it on the parchment paper - barely touching.
- Bake 16 minutes.
- Make the icing: whisk the sugar,
milkand vanilla together - add more sugar or milk if needed to get the right consistency.
- Spoon over the rolls and use the back of the spoon to spread it out.
- Devour. Be happy. 🙂