Three ingredients and 10 minutes of time are all you need to make this delectable ravioli lasagna happen!
My Grandma used to bake her ravioli all the time but she never called it lasagna. She called it as she saw it – baked ravioli. Lasagna sounds fancier. Like you slaved over the stove for a while to make something special.
All you have to do is layer the ravioli in a casserole dish with tomato sauce and mozzarella. You can use any type of ravioli, though I prefer the cheese filled ones for this, and they can go right in the pan frozen. FROZEN. You don’t have to plan ahead making it perfect for a busy weeknight.
They do suck up a lot of sauce so be generous with it.
Technically, it is. Traditionally, it’s not.
I love it anyways.
So would she.
|Three Ingredient Ravioli Lasagna|| |
- 1 jar (24 ounces) your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 pound frozen ravioli (any flavor - I like cheese or spinach)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8x10 or 8x8 casserole dish with baking spray.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of sauce. Place ⅓ of the ravioli over the bottom - you can space them out a little if they don't cover it completely.
- Top them generously with sauce and ⅓ of the mozzarella.
- Repeat the layering 2 more times.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
©Copyright 2015 Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice by Reeni Pisano All Rights Reserved