Hearty, comforting chicken chili with cream cheese, corn, white beans, and green chiles for a hint of heat.
It will easily become a family favorite!
Green chiles and cream cheese are one of my favorite pairs. Tangy cream cheese is the perfect antidote for mildly spiced chiles.
When you add tender chicken into the mix along with meaty beans and succulent corn magic happens. The stars align. The man in the moon smiles. The sun sighs.
No. I am not prone to exaggeration.
This is not as thick as a traditional chili and the name white chili is due to it not having tomatoes in it.
The cream cheese infused chicken broth is the star of the show. Trust me.
You want to have tortilla chips in the house when you make this. I greedily dipped and scooped my way through the entire bowl then calculated how long it would take for me to get hungry again so I could have seconds.
It’s like a souped-up chili dip. That you seriously. Cannot. Stop. Eating.
Say hello to my new best friend.
|Cream Cheese Chicken Chili|| |
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon chile powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (4 ounce) fire roasted diced green chiles(mild) or jalapenos(hotter)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 + ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup corn
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- fresh cilantro or parsley
- tortilla chips
- shredded sharp cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese
- sour cream
- guacamole or avocado
- warm tortillas
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season well with salt and pepper.
- In a large soup pot or saucepan heat the butter over medium heat. Add chicken and cook through, stirring every few minutes. Remove to a platter and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add the green chiles and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add the beans with their juices, the broth, corn, and chicken back in. Season again with salt and pepper. Simmer 25 - 30 minutes. Taste halfway through and add more seasonings if needed.
- Reduce heat to low and put the cream cheese in a small bowl. Mix a few ladles of the sauce into the cream cheese to temper it so it doesn't curdle. Add the cream cheese to the pot and stir it in until completely melted.
- Stir in a tablespoon of fresh cilantro or parsley. Serve with your choice of toppings.